8 Ways Arts Education Benefits Students
- Builds a school climate of high expectation, discipline and academic rigor.
- Strengthens student problem-solving and critical-thinking skills, adding to overall academic achievement and school success.
- Helps students develop a sense of craftsmanship, quality task performance and goal-setting skills, needed to succeed in the classroom and beyond.
- Helps troubled youth by providing an alternative to destructive behavior.
- Provides a positive way for students to approach learning through historical, biographical and character building skits and plays, as well as incorporating visual arts and written mediums of expression.
- Provides another opportunity for parental, community and business involvement with our schools, including arts and humanities organizations.
- Helps all students develop more appreciation and understanding of the world around them.
- Helps students develop a positive work ethic and pride in a job well done.